To Wipe A Hard Drive In Significant Way
The computers or laptops have a built-in restore process on the hard drive other than CD or DVD. It will help reset the computer back to the original software when purchases. The issues can be eliminated with resetting or restoring of the hard drive. Wiping a hard drive means completely erasing the drive of all the information. Users need to follow extra steps to wipe the hard drive completely. The user is deleting the file system during the hard drive format or deleting a partition.
Here are the steps to erase the hard drive on Windows 10 –
- Open the Start menu first and select ‘Settings’.
- In the settings window, select the ‘Update & Security’ option.
- In the left panel now select ‘Recovery’ option.
- In the Reset this PC section, click on ‘Get Started’.
Are you looking to preserve the personal files or delete everything? Choose either ‘Keep my files’ or ‘Remove everything’.
Here are the steps to wipe the hard drive on Windows 8 –
- Open the system and press the Windows key plus the ‘C’ key.
- On the search option type ‘reinstall’.
- Now select the ‘Settings’ options and on the left side of the screen, select ‘Remove everything and reinstall Windows’.
- Click ‘Next’ on the ‘Reset your PC’ screen.
- On the ‘Do you want to fully clean your drive’ screen, select ‘Just remove my files’ or ‘Fully clean the drive’.
- Finally click ‘Reset’ on the ‘Ready to reset your PC’ screen.
There are various other methods too for cleaning the hard drive or partition a hard drive. For more hard drive clean steps contact the technical support experts. It is necessary to erase the hard drive details keeping intact the important details. Technical experts will be providing the troubleshooting steps to erase the data or info from the hard drive. There can be different issues too preventing the erase of hard drive details and it is advisable to take help from the experts in those scenarios.